Sunday 16 March 2014

More Masking

This is just a quick post to show my further masking experiment.
Last night, while catching up with some pre-recorded TV programmes, I carried out my plan to try a card using torn paper to mask the edges of the card front.

Here's what I finished with


I used the ivy leaf stamp that came with a Craft Stamper magazine. It is a nice easy shape to cut for masking.
I wasn't sure about using black ink, but that was the only waterproof ink I have so on it went.
 I don't know if I need a waterproof ink (I'll have to experiment) but I wasn't preared to stamp and mask, and mask and stamp just to ruin it by smudging when I applied the sponging.

Having left it over night I'm thinking that I might try using bronze embossing powder instead of the black ink ... though I may be setting myself up for failure by trying to line masks up over dim versamark stampings.

I need to adjust the width of my torn paper masks and I need to create more contrast with my blues in the distress ink sponging. All that aside, I'm pretty pleased with it. I even like the lighter blue shadow at the top where one of my masks must have moved mid-inking.

I'll experiment further later, but for now I should be working - so back to it.

thanks for looking and please leave a comment - I love reading them

Dianne





2 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne, Your card is great! I love the contrasts and the overall effect is really striking :D Lovely to see you over on my blog :D x

    ReplyDelete