Saturday 22 March 2014

Three

Gosh - its been a week since I last posted. I need to be more organised.

It was such a busy and disorganised week that towards the end of it I just held out for the new 'Less is more' weekly challenge. This week it is 'Three' - a card with three of something, and an additional challenge to comment on three other card entries.

It is also the last of the four weeks in a row I promised myself I'd do to get started with my blog. It has made card making the focus of my blog so far - but that is totally fine by me. I'm sure I'll get to other topics evenually. Plus I've had so many lovely and supportive comments about my cards - so I will probably carry on following the Less is More challenge ... I may even put my toes in the water and enter a few others. All this practice must be good :-)

The second part of this challenge is easy. I like looking at what everyone has made and how they've interpreted the challenge. There are always so many ideas I wish I'd thought of ...

To the first part ... I'm lucky in a way - being in New Zealand means I get to see the challenge come up on Saturday evening our time - so I can sleep on it. Anyway I woke up this morning with a thought about a stamp I have not used for a while & an idea of how I would like to use it. I have spent most of the day experimenting and now want to try it in different colour combinations.

Here is my card

I masked the corner and inked it with a little wild honey, scattered straw and antique linen. I stamped a couple of leaves onto the edges (using the 2nd stamping so they wouldn't be too bold) then stamped my three stamps, and added a 'Thank you' at the top to balance it and because it is a thank you card for a friend on Geoff's. 

I dabbed my small veramark pad over the thank you and the flower motifs and clear embossed them to give a bit of shine (which you can't really see on this becuase the flash made it too shiny .. so I turned it off).

Here it is with the flash on.

 

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the more traditional tapa cloth colours, but now I'd like to try in in turquise, pinks & purples. I just need some time :-)

Well - it is now early Sunday evening here, so I'd better put this aside and cook dinner for the family
Happy stamping - Dianne


8 comments:

  1. Super card Dianne, love the vibrant, autumn colours
    Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    LIM Guest commenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely, warm colours. Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much the sort of art I like it is a fabulous card warm focusing on the inking and stamping. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design- simply elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must apologise for my lack of comments over the past few weeks whilst I was on holiday in Australia, but hopefully things should be back to normal now!
    This is terrific, great stamping!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun design Dianne.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Dianne, great stamping and colour :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete