Sunday 23 April 2017

Blues and White

Well - I checked the time difference from here & England & worked out I could just squeeze this card in before the deadline.

So I'm entering it in Muse Challenge 212 where Jenni has given us a deceptively simple card to muse on.

After some thinking that tailed off rather ineffectually I remembered an old Chocolate Baroque background stamp that I've hardly used. I liked it but haven't been comfortable with background stamps really.
Anyway I found some shiny-ish white card in my stash, but decided to white emboss rather than clear emboss then I used a couple of distress inks over it. I'm really pleased with the effect & want to keep playing with it. The distress inks perform quite differently on shiny card

So the parts of Jenni's original card I've taken inspiration from are the format, and the blue & white colours - though I'm calling the soft purple blue in this case.

So - thank you Jenni & Muse for pushing me out of my comfort zone.
Cheers, Dianne

1 comment:

  1. Lovely colour - the blending of the distress inks really gives depth and interest! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete